After receiving my mid-term assessment I am grateful for the changes recommended by my instructor, Katia Hildebrandt. My audio recording of assessment is below along with my improvement plan.
Note: near the bottom of this post you will find questions addressed to my Dear Reader.
Here is my Improvement Plan for my Technology Blog
1. Replace my stats posts with a widget to count the hits on my blog.
2. Remove citations from posts - not needed. Instead the links are sufficient and give credit to the source.
3. Engage and invite my audience to contribute to my blog.
4. On my I am So Hungry blog and elsewhere I need to link persons and websites that are referenced.
5. Adding gifs and images to break up the "big chunks of text"
6. Improve the visuals.
Here is my Improvement Plan for my Twitter Account
1. Continuing to engage, interact, and explore.
2. Find opportunities to participate more frequently in chats to help build my Professional Learning Network (PLN).
3. Follow and respond to different people.
4. Join a vegan cooking community or two on Twitter.
To further my learning and to expand on my limited knowledge I found this video to take things a step further.
After scouting around for a website visitor counter I found that Google Analytics is not available in Canada, CrazyEgg requires payment for all plans after the 30 day free trial. I saw this during my DuckDuckGo for Chrome search:
Free is always nice. No registration or email either is super fantastic!!c So I clicked on the link and look what I found!! Woohoo!!
Now I have a hit counter. I am so pleased right now.
Did you know? There is difference between hit, page and web counters. This article explains the differences.
Dear Reader: What have you found that you like to see be included in a blog? Do you have a blog? If so, what worked? What didn't? Your suggestions are much appreciated.
Next up: Mid-Term Assessment Improvement Plan - Part Two.